So my husband and I found out today that we have to wait another month and a half before moving over to Japan, and he'll be gone for 3 weeks of that time! So it looks like I'll have a few more weeks here in the good ol' USA... and have plenty of down time to work on some projects! So far I've learned to make a table runner, a tote bag, a reversible apron, and another style of apron that has a bunch of cute ruffles on it. I'm hoping to get some good practice by making a lot of Christmas presents this year and I think it could possibly turn into something more long term. I've discovered a website called Etsy that sells all homemade items, which could be one avenue that wouldn't cost me much at all to start up. I could also see about selling items at local venues, like farmers markets or craft fairs, but for three years I'll be in Japan and I'm not sure what options will be available to me there. And who knows, maybe I'll end up finding a fantastic job that I adore and I won't have time to make projects beyond ones I do for myself, my home, or my friends & family. I guess time will tell! But since I know for sure that I won't be settling down for almost 4 months, time is on my side for a while.
<3 not so plain jane
No comments:
Post a Comment