While we lived in Little Rock I did a fairly good job of overcoming the excuses and getting my butt in the gym, outside, or even just in front of the TV doing a workout DVD. I got lazy since we moved back to Corpus Christi, and I blame part of it on the bad weather (very unmotivating) but most was just me wanting to sit around instead of making myself go work out. Then the holidays came and I just gave up all together! Homecooked meals from Moms and Christmas chocolate did me in!
So now I am making it known (so hopefully I'll have something to hold myself to) that I'm going to get back on track and offically start my new years resolution (3 weeks into the new year, but whatever...haha). My goal is to do an active workout 4 days a week, and at a minimum go for a walk outside the days I don't have a workout. Lets see how this goes! I don't have a great need to loose a ton of weight... I still fit into my clothes, but I'm still not happy with what I'm seeing in the mirror. Plus, I just feel better after I work out and I think I need to think of that good feeling when looking for motivation instead of dreading the hard stage of feeling the burn!
So today starts it. I just finished the P90X Kempo workout, which is like Tae-Bo- lots of kicks and punches. So there, I publisized me goal. Now hold me to it!
Again, we’re like twins separated at birth or something (the movie ‘twins’ comes to mind with Schwarzenegger and DeVito, except I’m not quite as short as DeVito). I’ve been horrible about getting off my butt to work out (as in, I haven’t done it). and, like you, I still fit in my clothes, but that doesn’t mean I like what I see and how I feel. I remember what my body used to be like during dance and soccer. Now I’m just a blob that moves from bed to desk chair to couch to bed.
ReplyDeleteAt least you set a new years resolution for yourself and published it so that others could hold you to it. I have yet to do either of those things. Ugh, I disgust me.
You can do it Amy! Its harder for you cuz you do still have that full time job- I just have zero excuses left! We can be long distance workout buddies if you want :-)
ReplyDelete