Monday, January 2, 2012

a CONVIVIAL new years eve

So its been a long and crazy year, and I realized that my sporadic blogs jumping from topic to topic with a few long winded life recaps in between probably isn't very interesting... and also doesn't really give me the writing outlet that I'd like to have, nor allows my family and friends around the globe to get a very good feel of normal life for me. So my 2012 "digital age" resolution is to do a bit less on Facebook, and a bit more on my blog. I'd been trying to think about a weekly topic or idea to focus my attention on and I've come up a Word of the Week. My hopes is that with each Word of the Week post, I can grow my vocabulary a bit (something I feel I lack and are sometimes self conscious of), and then also explain the happenings of the week that prompted that word to have been chosen. Unlike the Word of the Week/Day desktop calendars that urge you to USE the word throughout that week/day, this will be a retroactive approach. Since it is only January 2nd, I do not have a full week to think back upon but I will try a mini-post and focus solely on my New Years Eve celebration, therefor being called my Word of the Night instead :-)

W.o.t.N.

con·viv·ial  adj \kən-ˈviv-yəl, -ˈvi-vē-əl\

Definition of CONVIVIAL

: relating to, occupied with, or fond of feasting, drinking, and good company



Us at Zojoji Temple
View of Tokyo Tower from below!















Our group at the Temple! Complete with Champagne :-)

Happy 2012 Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment