assiduous adjective Definition: hard-working
Try as I might, I only managed 3 blog posts in January... but hey, it's better than nothing. So now here was are into the 8th day (so I guess, 2nd week!) of February and I thesaurusized (<-can that be a word?) the word busy. I liked the sound of "assiduous" and though it leans more towards being hard working than just busy, it still applies.
Last week my grad classes really picked up speed and I had two assignments (one for each class) due the same day. Then, I had one due just one week after, so since Jan 31st its been school, school, school. Why Jan 31st? Well, because I took 4 days off to go to Kyoto and Hiroshima with Dereck at the end of January! That was a blast, but doesn't fall under the adjective of assiduous, so I'll save that for another post. So far the classes are going well (vehicle dynamics is going much better than my composite mechanics class, but I'm surviving). Midterms are the last week of Feb/1st week of March so the semester is really going fast so far!
In addition to school, I also have been working with my community theater group on base on our dinner theater production. We are performing on Friday and Saturday to a sold out audience. Its very exciting but not only am I acting in the production, but I'm also running the private organization which means constant emails, contracts, coordinating, and just seems nonstop. Not only are we doing the show in 2 DAYS! (gasp!) but we also are starting pre-production on our BIGGEST show ever planned for the fall, doing a new teenage cast show this spring, and the improv group got a contract to perform at a festival on base in April- our first gig! As soon as the show ends on Saturday night, there is no break. Its time for pre-production meetings, helping to plan and organize the teen show logistics with the director, and get our improv group ready to perform. Did I mention Midterms in less than a month already? Man! I better be assiduous about this! Luckily, both my midterms are take home exams are are due March 2nd. I leave March 3rd for a week long vacation during spring break, so I am so excited for that break!
This past week my good friend Jenn and I have started a daily workout session together. She was motivated to make some healthy life changes and I wanted to help, plus thought I'd be much more likely to stick to a workout with a motivated friend. It's been great! You'd think that adding a daily workout to an already jam packed schedule would be insane, but it's been really nice. I feel like I have a bit to just think of nothing but working out and even getting some social time as I do it. I feel good and energized when I'm done, and I need that for the day!
I'm not the only one who's been assiduous lately. Much of my motivation comes from Dereck. He's been working long hours, doing his masters homework, and training for a marathon. I don't know how he does it sometimes, but just like with my crazy love of theater, there is something about running that makes Dereck happy and energized, even though it takes up so much time.
Honestly, I feel really happy. I'm busy, I'm tired, but I'm doing things that I love. Theater and performing is so much fun... there is a strange addiction that many thespians share and you know you suffer from this addiction when you plan another show before your current one is done! And I currently have two pending shows and an improv performance! I'm insane, but luckily it's not a one-woman group and I have a great group of people who share my passion and are a huge help. I've met some wonderful friends who I never would have known here if not for my theater group, and I'm so thankful for that! As for starting my masters, I feel like "me" again, which might sound kinda strange but for the last 2+ years I've felt a lot like "Dereck's wife" and "a spouse" and "a dependent", which are not bad things... but sometimes I felt like I was missing the part of me I've worked so hard for. Having a goal and getting back into the world of engineering, where I feel I belong, feels really invigorating. I'm excited for the future!
So, while it was nice to write this all out and update my friends and family on the craziness... its after my "no computer" time and I must go decompress and get to sleep! Lets see if I can find the time to post more this month, but if not, I'll have a few good excuses!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment