Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Madness!

Sorry blog-readers... but March has been insane. It started really at the end of February with my midterms, which went "okay" considering I haven't been in school in almost 5 years, plus I was taking two classes without relinquishing any of my previous responsibilities. Needless to say, the phase out starts NOW with my last day of classes for at the Japanese school I've been working at being tomorrow. Two years spent at one of the local junior high school's around town has been a great experience and one I am grateful for and will never forget, but I'm ready to be done and able to focus on my own school right now! That just leaves my afternoon math tutor sessions and the occasional private English class with my two families. Much more manageable while being a full time Masters student!

The 2nd thing to make this month CrAzY was our vacation! From March 3rd-11th we were in Vietnam and Cambodia. I will try to write a blog (with photos) to that trip but in brief, it was fantastic. We went to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Ho Chi Minh City (or Saigon), and ended in Siem Reap, Cambodia. We ate food, drank beer, saw natural and man-made wonders, and enjoyed some new culture. It was a great trip but we were non-stop the whole time and came back needing a vacation from vacation! It took a while to get back into a routine but we are starting to get there.

Dereck has a big week with some yearly tests that pilots need to do, on top of his marathon training. Less than a month to go til his debut at the Nagano Marathon on April 15th! How exciting! Somehow he'll have to fit in those training runs while his family is here...

Yup! We have visitors! From March 28th-April 11th we will be hosting Dereck's Mom and Dad, as well as his sister who is coming down from the mountains of Gunma prefecture to spend time with us. We are so excited to show our home and new country to Mom and Dad. We hope they love Japan like we do, and that the Cherry Blossoms bloom for them!

So, just another MANIC MARCH :-) I'll try to blog about vacation soon and get back to my Words of the Week as well.

~Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment