Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Missing Minnesota...

After watching last night's exciting win in the NFL against the Packers, and currently watching a top of the 9th, tied at 4-4 game with the Twins and the Tigers, I am officially a bit homesick! I want to see everybody walking around with there jerseys and hats and see the state pride at how well our teams are doing. It was strange to be cheering for Brett Farve as a Viking, but considering how we are doing this season so far, I think I might be able to get used to it! :-) And I'm hoping the Twins can pull this one out too, then we'll have some great playoff games to watch I'm sure. Hopefully when Dereck and I are home in December we'll have a sunday watching football with the family. My mom booked her ticket to come visit me in Corpus while Dereck is away at survival training, so I think that added to my homesickness. I miss spending time with her and I'm so excited for her to visit me in about 6 weeks!

Dereck has been attempting to fly this week, but has been canceled twice becuase of the rainy weather. We had our softball game this evening be canceled as well due to the wet fields. September was a wet month here in Arkansas so hopefully October starts to dry up soon so Dereck can get his flights in and I can start enjoying the cooler temps. Tomorrow's forecast is sunny and a high of 69 degrees so hopefully the weathermen are correct.

Other than some lazy days not much else has been going on. I'm attempting to make a few more gifts and have enjoyed working with fleece so far, as I'm working on a sweatshirt. It could come in handy if the temps keep dropping into the low 60s. My friend Leslie's birthday was today so I made her a cake, which turned out pretty well.

Still 4-4 and the top of the 9th (Twins fielding, 1 out...) so I'm gonna get back to watching the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment