Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Project Central!

So I finally took some pictures of some of the sewing projects I have been working on. Its been a lot of fun and I'm surprised how quickly I am improving. The first picture is of the first tote bag I made. I loved the fabric and was surprised how easily it came together. Its technically reversible but I've been keeping the brown on the outside since I love that pattern. I made another tote but forgot to take a picture of it. It was for my cousin's birthday and she said she really liked it! I added a ribbon in the center to tie and closed and an inside pocket as well to make it even more usable. The third tote I made was a trick-or-treat bag for my friend's baby girl 1st birthday (its on Halloween!). I played around with doing an appliqued "M" for her name, Morgana. I think it turned out well! I might make some more for the other kids in my life!


I've been working on some different aprons as well. My kitchen is red and white so the first apron I made I tried to find some fabric to match. Its reversible and I love how the two patterns fit together.



I then made a different type that has ruffled fabric on it, which was really fun to make! I bought some candles from the farmers market that match the color and will send it to my friend as a gift for her birthday. I think she'll really like it!






I even pieced one together with some scraps to keep practicing. I thought it turned out pretty well and I got to work on my first apron pocket as well. I think between the three aprons I have made I've got a pretty good idea of what to make next!


My mother asked me if I would be able to make a drawstring backpack for her. I thought it sounded like a fun project and I am so glad she asked me to do it! I think it turned out wonderful and I am excited to make one for myself too! I already had a few requests from friends to make them too. So who knows, maybe my crazy idea of trying to sell things in the future isn't so crazy after all...

2 comments:

  1. hey jane! just wondering, if you're that into the idea of selling projects as a means to provide for your family (or at least the fun money fund), have you ever checked out Etsy? can't wait to see what other projects you tackle! -amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes actually, I mentioned Etsy in a previous blog too actually! Its a lot cheaper to post on there than on Ebay as well, so it definitely might be an option.

    ReplyDelete